We purchased our house based on 2 incomes. Lived in it for 5 years before having our daughter and then cut back to one income. I was a stay-at-home mom for about 4 years.

2 years I worked 2 days a week just because I didn't feel right. I didn't feel like I was contributing anymore even thought hubby said it's harder staying home with the child and he has the easier part (going to work). Very supportive. We learned how to cut back and it's a great lesson. Last year he lost his job for 6 months and lived off of his unemployment and even managed.

Now that I will be working more, I hope my money will feel like an added bonus.

Anyway, it all works out in the end. I wouldn't sell your collection. If this house doesn't work out, trust me, it wasn't meant to be and an even better one will come along.